Rabu, 18 November 2015

The essential sneaker edit

The other day I enjoyed a picturesque run around the lake. The weather was warm, the leaves were such a vibrant green and there were so many other people out and about enjoying the view. The only thing ruining my run was the dull ache I had in my arch from my sneakers.

So naturally in a conversation I mentioned to my friend that I needed new sneakers. She raised her eyebrow apprehensively at me and highlighted that I already had like five pairs of sneakers to choose from.

What I had to explain and justify to her is there they aren’t all the same.  Every woman needs  a variety of sneakers for different purposes.

Let me elaborate on this further…

At minimum you need



1. The Running Sneaker


I am a firm believer and your podiatrist would agree, you need to invest in a good running shoe. If you don’t you could find yourself more prone to injuries and blisters. How to find a good fit?

Personally athletes foot I found were very helpful as too was the Runners shop. Each store offers speciality advice for what is good for you and your running needs. Since then I have found that Nike free runs are the best for me and I am a repeat purchaser.  Do take the time to find what supports your foot the best and make the decision to invest in your health.  This is not a time to be thinking about what colour or style is ‘fashionable’.



 2. The Casual Sneaker

While I would love to be one of those girls who can wear heels all the time my feet just can’t do it. So I value having some stylish casual sneakers to wear as an option. I say yes to sports luxe! However,  I would still avoid the old school white Asics with denim jeans as favoured by Jerry Seinfeld. This is still taboo. 



Now that you have your basic sneaker set up you could go further but it is totally up to you.

3. Gym sneaker


I see this sneaker as an in between for the casual and a running sneakers.  Yes, I am one of those obnoxious people who coordinates their gym outfits. I figure if I feel good I am more likely to work harder as I am already in the right head space. So on days that I don’t do cardio at the gym I opt for my sneakers that are still gym appropriate but that I wouldn’t necessarily go for a 6km run in.





4. High top sneaker

Did I mention I love high tops? Obviously this isn’t a necessity but if you are into urban casual looks I think you would agree that they are handy to have. The below sneakers are some of my favourites currently available.


Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar