Rabu, 09 September 2015

Interview with Hannah Marie - Model going to Paris and New York Fashion Week

Stylist and TFV contributor Jess Rolfe recently got the chance to sit down with upcoming model Hanna Marie whose taking over Australia by storm, to talk all things fashion and her upcoming gig walking for New York and Paris fashion weeks.

How long have you been modelling for?

I’ve been doing modelling for as long as I can remember! When I was 8 years old I was signed to a little local modelling boutique, and although I didn’t get many jobs through them, it was my first experience with modelling. Four years later I signed with a different boutique in Sydney, where I attended classes and learned the fundamentals of modelling. After a year or so, I left the agency and pursued modelling more independently. Ever since then I have been modelling and I love every second of it!

I try not to limit myself to one particular style of modelling, since I enjoy doing all aspects of it. I do a lot of runways and editorial, as well as commercial and look book style photo shoots.

What made you want to be a model?

To be completely honest, I’m not too sure what exactly attracted me to modelling. I always loved playing with makeup and wearing dresses when I was younger- I was a total girly-girl and I guess it is a dream young girls always have to become a model. Since my family have been so supportive of my career, I’ve been able to accomplish some pretty amazing things that I never believed I could, and I’ll always be super grateful for that.


Hair, Makeup and Styling by Cindy Rue | Photographer Rachel Houlahan



What are you looking forward to most in Paris and New York?

I am just about to fly over to Paris and New York for their Fashion Weeks in the next few days, and I've never been so excited! Runways are a major passion of mine and to be able to say I've walked internationally is a huge milestone for me.

Personally, I love watching the whole creative process take place. Watching a model transform during a photo shoot from the hair, makeup and styling is one of the most interesting things to see because the final result is always so breathtaking. It's such a rewarding experience when everyone works hard to create something beautiful!

I haven't been modelling for too long, but from what I have experienced, I haven't had any bad run ins with other creatives which I'm really grateful for. Everyone I've worked with and have met have been absolutely amazing towards me and others, so it's been very fun and carefree.

In this industry, no one is going to hand you jobs all the time. If you get turned down for one job, try for another. All famous models had to start somewhere too, and there’s no reason that can’t happen for you! You have to go out and work for it, and by doing that, you will get first-hand experience of the industry; something money cant buy.

How do you get ready for your shoots?

Before my photo shoots, I like to make sure I get my nails done and any beauty upkeep so I feel more confident and look professional. Photographers and creative artists are so grateful when you show up to photo shoots completely fresh; it means they have less work trying to photo shop little things you could have prevented. Its also important to be well rested and hydrated before photo shoots, because sometimes they can go on for a really long time!
Billboard of Hannah at Times Square New York

How does the creative team influence a shoot?

To me, a good photographer is one who makes the model and other creatives feel comfortable during the photo shoot. Talking to the model and reassuring them that they are doing a great job, as well as showing them the photos you are taking is extremely beneficial towards building a trust between the model and photographer. When the model and team are comfortable, the photos always turn out heaps better!
 

From what i have experienced, a good wardrobe stylist always comes with multiple outfits that include jewelry, shoes and bags. Styling is such a huge factor for photo shoots and if it's done correctly, it can help create a stunning photo. If the styling is off, however, then the whole photo loses its captivity and creativity.

A friend of mine once told me, 'you can tell the quality of a makeup artist by the quality of their brushes', and i couldn't agree more! If a makeup artist is gentle with the brushes on your face and always makes sure to clean them after she's finished, then there's a good chance her work will turn out amazing because she knows what she's doing.

I have been lucky enough to work with some really amazing fashion photographers in my career so far, including Ben Scott, Tom Lau and Kay Sukumar. In the future, I would really love to work with photographers like Peter Koehler, Chuck Lang, Noel Alva and Ed Purnomo. They each have their own individual style that really shows their personalities.

Piece of advice for girls or guys trying to make it in the fashion industry?

To me, I believe it all comes down to their attitude. If a model shows up late and disrespects the people they are working with, then there's no way the photos will be of the best quality possible. Everyone (at a photo shoot) is there to get spectacular photos, and no member is more important than another. It's important to always stay humble and treat those around you nicely, because everyone deserves to be respected. Also, you'll have a higher chance of being hired for jobs in the future!

Throughout my career, I have met some truly amazing people who have supported me since the beginning. Without their compassion and kindness, i definitely would not be where i am today! Modeling has blessed me with life long friends and memories that i will forever be grateful for.
Styling, HMUA and photography by Dollface Makeup and Model Photography


What shows are you doing?

Paris and New York! I'm very excited to visit these two cities and explore all the shops and markets they have to offer.

Whats one quote you love?

"As long as you have the mindset and ambition to succeed, then there's nothing in your way! Believe in yourself, because it will surprise you what you can achieve if only you try."




If you would like to follow Hannah's adventures through New York and Paris, please follow her on instagram! (@whynothanna) and 'like' her facebook page where she shows all of her work.

By Jessica Rolfe xo

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar